Saturday 20 October 2012

The Landscape

The landscape through my youthful eyes
Was a reachable utopia in clever disguise
The world is your oyster goes the old cliché
Put in the work and you’ll have your day

Life should be a scintillating soiree
A perpetual party every night and day
But is instead a source of pleasure and pain
An enduring fight to get in from the rain

I was supposed to be someone else
With somewhere more important to be
But I bought in to all those lies
That said I can be all I want to be

Memories crowded, ambitions blurred
If there is a simple answer I never heard
I wish not to feel disillusioned and jaded
And the glint in my eye dull and faded

The landscape through my older eyes
Is draped with more realistic skies
Higher expectations leave bigger scars
Aim at the moon but be content with stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a positive message if you like any of my writings.